Wednesday 25 May 2011

15

“C’mon, it’s a celebration,” Dad says, rolling his eyes at me.
   “Yes, but I’m just saying, I wasn’t paranoid. I was being realistic. Isn’t Eilla getting hit proof enough?”
   “Yes, dearest,” Dad replies, catching my eye.
   I smile back weakly.
   “Shall we go on holiday this year?” I ask, trying to change the subject. Thinking of the accident makes me think of my dream, which gives me the shivers.
   “Yes, let’s!” agrees Mum.
   “Hmm. Well, it would certainly be nice, but these things cost money. And there’s planning to do. I suppose we could go but – “
   “If you think too much about something your mind will turn and twist into another opinion,” I say to him.
   He stares at me blankly for a few seconds. Then his face clears. “Alright. We’ll go on holiday, and leave everything last minute. It’ll be an adventure.”
   I sigh.
   If only they knew…

No comments:

Post a Comment